The far north of Scotland is one of the most romantic places to get married! A place of friendly hospitality, dramatic scenery, rich culture and traditions. Here, we share some inspiration and local suppliers for the perfect Highland wedding at Mackays Hotel…
Your Highland wedding venue
Choose Mackays Hotel in Wick for weddings of up to 150 guests in the daytime and 220 in the evening. Our historic Scottish Highland hotel offers individual wedding packages, tailored to your needs. Meet with us and we’ll show you around our welcoming venue. Whether your celebration is large or intimate, we’ll create a truly special event just for you and your guests. Our weddings can include room hire for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception, catering and drinks packages. We can arrange entertainment, decorations and flowers if required. We’ll also include a red carpet and ropes for arrival and use of our starlight background and swags in the Stevenson Suite. What’s more, we have a beautiful bridal suite and guests receive a 20% discount on overnight stays at the hotel. Find out more.
Wedding outfits and accessories
Traditionally, Scottish brides wear a white or cream gown and grooms wear a formal kilt outfit. You can, of course, wear whatever makes you feel good. Here are some of our favourite local suppliers in Wick and Caithness.
- Simply Bliss Bridal – wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and accessories
- McAllans – suits and kilts
- Secrets Lingerie – bridal lingerie
- Lark & Lily Designs – handmade jewellery
- Kelly Munro Jewellery – handmade jewellery
Hair and makeup
These Caithness hair and makeup professionals will have you looking picture-perfect for your big day.
- Ashley’s Glam Bar – beauty and tanning
- Serenity by Nicole – nails and beauty services
- Cara Aravelo – makeup artist
- Timeless Beauty By Ashlyn – beauty salon
- R U Gelish? by Amber Anderson – nail services
- A New Ewe With Erin More – hair and beauty
Floral accessories and decorations
Fresh flowers provide a romantic touch on your wedding day. From bouquets for the bride and bridesmaids to venue decorations. These local florists can create gorgeous floral arrangements to complement your wedding theme.
For those special touches, such as venue decoration, event styling, lighting and more.
- Paula’s Party Pieces – balloon decorations
- K.G Events – wedding planning and decoration
- Wishes and Kisses – bespoke event styling
- Caithness Event Hire – photobooths, backdrops and styling
- ADJ Events – DJ, MC, lighting, sound hire
Stationery, crafts and keepsakes
From your save the dates and invitations to wedding favours, crafts and special keepsakes.
- LouBou – flower preservation and keepsakes
- Blushful Earth Handmade – eco-friendly stationery
- Sheelagh Paterson Art – personalised stationery
- Caithness Candle Company – soy wax candles
- Abbeycrafts – gifts and crafts
Wedding cakes and bakes
A show-stopping cake can be a real talking point at a wedding. Cutting the cake is an important moment in the day and a great photo opportunity. Plus, a tasty cake goes down very well with everyone as part of the evening buffet.
Photography and videography
Capture those special memories for years to come.
- John Baikie Photography – wedding photography and film
- SDM Photography – wedding photography
- Angus Mackay Photography – wedding photography
If you’d like to find out more about getting married at Mackays Hotel in Wick, please contact us today. We can arrange an appointment to show you around and discuss your requirements. We can also advise with local supplier recommendations to help you prepare and plan.
(Thanks to all the suppliers who work with us and also responded to our shout-out promotion. If you missed it message us here to be added in the future.)Book Now